Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday Bowling
























































It's become a tradition in the Jansky house that every Sunday, John & Ashley go bowling. In fact, both of them now have their very own pair of bowling shoes. So every Sunday, John & Ashley race to get out the door by 9:00am. The doors open at the alley at 9 and it's only .99 cents a game. If they're not there by 9:15, they end up having to wait an hour to bowl.

Every now and again, I'll take the trip with them and watch on the sidelines. I've never been one for bowling but I actually don't mind watching. And this past Sunday, I decided to stroll along and watch the two bowl. We were pressed for time as all of us had slept in. We had to hurry if we were going to make it. We rushed and arrived at the bowling alley and the parking lot appeared to be empty so we decided to use our valentine's cards at Krispy Kreme. After all, who doesn't want a free doughnut from Krispy Kreme?

Well....as we attempted to fill our bellies, the bowling alley was filling as well. Once we arrived, we realized it wasn't so empty inside. So we waited and waited, and waited and waited. Finally -- After three doughnuts, a chocolate milk, regular milk and one small coke, it was time to bowl.

Ashley is quite funny. She insists she doesn't need the bumpers and loves to throw her leg up behind her once she throws the ball -- similar to John. John was having an off day as he so badly wanted a strike but this wasn't the day he was going to get that strike. I guess he'll just have to wait until next week! :)

No comments: