Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Call the Toothfairy and tell her it's time!

It seems as though everyone in Ashley's class has been losing their teeth. Well...everyone except Ashley. Although curious as to when one would finally come loose, I wasn't pushing the topic. Teeth should fall out naturally, not because the so called "toothfairy" is about to drop a few bucks under your pillow.

2.9.10 -- Exactly 6 years and two months after she was born, Ashley lost her first tooth. It became loose rather quickly and then fell out within the next day. We didn't have to scare her into submission, nor did we even get a chance to keep an eye on it. It just fell out!

John phoned me at work and handed the phone over to Ashley. With excitement, she said, "I lost my tooth! Mom, call the toothfairy and tell her it's time!" Ashley has an idea of what the toothfairy will bring. She said, "the toothfairy brings a toy or money. If you get money, you just add it to your commission." I asked her how she knew this and her response, "I saw it on TV." It was too funny and almost priceless.

I'm so glad John got to share this moment with her. I met them up for dinner and as proud as can be Ashley held up her tooth in a little ziploc baggie to show me the tooth. WOW! It's tiny!

No comments: