Monday, January 4, 2010

This past weekend was pretty amazing. John, Ashley & I spent a lot of time together doing some fun stuff. On Friday, John & Ashley went bowling with Arden and Rene and then I met up with them at Pappasitto's for lunch.


Saturday, we got up and let Ashley do the choosing on where to eat lunch for the day. Of course, she picked Luby Lu's -- Her favorite place because you don't have to wait to get your food -- you just get it as soon as you walk in. After lunch we headed to the movies to see Alvin and the Chipmunks! It was Awesome. We hung out for the day and then took a short little shopping trip to Walmart. Ashley was so greatful for this trip. She told me it was the best shopping trip ever and thanked me for the Spongebob Umbrella and the new Wizards of Waverly bag. Ashley is so greatful and always says thank you without being prompted, when we do things for her!


On Sunday, we headed out to Outback Steakhouse for lunch and then played a game of Life. It's a little young for Ashley but that's okay...she loved it. It was finally the first game we played where Ashley said, "This is a long game." After awhile, John took Ashley to Chuck E Cheese. Ashley and I took another little trip to Bath and Body Works to stock up on the home fragrance plug-ins and then headed to YMCA to sign up Ashley for Afterschool fun. They were closed. We then grabbed Pei Wei to go and headed home to eat and prepare for school.


This morning was priceless. It was the happiest I had seen Ashley in a long time. She was so eager to get to school that we had to stall by dropping mail at the mailbox down the street because the campus wasn't open yet. I love this about Ashley. She has so much emotion inside of her! She loves life to the fullest! Then, the school called around 11:30 and Ashley had already had two accidents today. I came up to the school with a second change of clothes and Ashley was balling -- she told me she wanted to go home and how she didn't love school anymore. She had gotten in trouble in the cafeteria. She said she went to hug Rachel and accidentally choked her instead. I think she just squeezed too tight. Ashley has always had a problem with personal space and knowing how soft or hard she is touching someone.


How can a child go from one extreme to another? It saddens me to watch a train-wreck happen and not be able to control it. I am sad, angry and lost! I am trying to figure out how best to approach. Help is just around the corner...I can taste it!


No comments: