Monday, October 26, 2009

Just Another one of those Rainy Days!

It's late October and today was just another one of those rainy days: cold, gloomy, quiet and a day for thinking. Ashley came home from school sick this morning and we still haven't figured out what got the best of her! She hasn't had a fever; however, she's been quite lethargic and hasn't been able to hold an ounce of liquid all day! The Guacamole belly monster has since left her belly and she seems to be disappearing by the hour!

On another note, reality is setting in, here in the Jansky household and wow -- are we being hit with a huge dose of it! Radical changes are being made to maintain life as we know it! It's not bad -- just different. I guess sometimes you have to be thrown out of your comfort zone so that you can truly appreciate what's important in life! The choices John & I make today are for the long haul and we are learning that everything we want in life will not come instantly! What a tough lesson to learn but as John's dad always says jokingly, "I'm an overnight sensation at the age of 60."

So on this cold, gloomy, quiet day ---- I say bring it!!! bring on this change -- It will not break us, no pun intended, but only make us stronger!

No comments: