Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"I've been roaming around..always looking down at all I see"

It's the end of the day on July 28th and I can't believe summer is almost over! It was just yesterday I was writing about Ashley's first summer Camp. Now she is the camp Queen; Venturing into Camp YMCA, Pastry Delight, Vacation Bible School and Children's Theater!

It's been impressive watching Ashley over the summer. She's had some really great times and moments! There have been some challenges along the way but overall she has matured a bit and I'm overjoyed!

Other than camp, John's family came to visit us in mid-June. It was the first time his mom had been to San Antonio in almost five years and the second time in ten years! We were happy she felt well enough to visit us and to see Josabi's for the first time. In July, my nieces, Lindsey & Meredith came to visit and we had a blast; Celebrating 4th of July by participating in the Castroville Parade with my mom, dad, Richard, GG, and the Lange's. And grabbing the 1st place trophy was priceless. We also managed to squeeze in a trip to the circus, the movie theater to see Ice Age in 3D and also had a girls night. We had so much fun at Chuck E' Cheeses, making smores (Indoors), painting our faces with lipgloss and eyeshadow and putting on a fashion show from the clothes my dad & Kathy had purchased earlier that day.

I guess you can never really be too old to take a can of whip cream and hang it over an open mouth! -- Or get too mad when you catch the girls with their bodies in the fridge, taking turns with the can of whip cream.

Later in July, my brother Scott, and his family visited from Minnesota. We took a trip to Schlitterbahn and had a blast! It was truly "Good Times". -- We had BBQ's, a lunch at Pappasito's and various swim days together.

One of the most memorable moments happened when the kids were swimming in the pool and jumping in as they acted out their favorite ____. Sarah and I would pick the category. They varied from favorite animal to favorite instrument and then favorite car. This is how it played out.

Category: Favorite Car
Garrett runs and says "A big truck" as he jumps
Matthew runs and says "A little race car" as he jumps
and Ashley...Oh creative Ashley runs and says "A big Yellow School bus."

Oh it's moments like these!

This summer has been so much fun and the most amazing in years! I'm never happier than when I am with my family! They are my world and I would be lost without them.

I've jotted down some of the most memorable moments of the summer.
- The 1 1/2 hour wait on top of a Schlitterbahn ride while being hosed off by a schlitterbahn employee -- Oh what a feeling -- When you're dancing on the ceiling!
- Singing Journey's -- Don't Stop believing in the car with John & Ashley. We all had our parts!
- Playing Mario Kart and always kicking John's booty -- and lovin' it!
- Taking the silliest photos at GG's house with Ashley.
- Playing Trouble everynight just before bed! -- Ashley always wins!
- Painting one Wall at Josabi's in the middle of the afternoon with 100+ degree weather! -- John in boxers and I in pants and a long sleeve button up! -- What were we thinking?
- Racing Ashley in the obstacle course at Pump it Up!
- Workin' in a cubicle at Bromley with some great people.
- Hitting the alarm clock every morning to go to work or get up to take Ashley to camp.

I've laughed so many times this summer and am soooooo happy!

No comments: