Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer in Texas

It's summertime in Texas and the Jansky family is a movin' and a groovin'. Ashley is on the cusp of starting Kindergarten and in the mean time is busy attending various camps. Her first camp of the summer started this past week and she is loving it.

It's her first shot at Tennis and she can't stop talking about it. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that she gets to hold a ball the entire time and at least receives the ball every other time. On the second day of camp she got Tennis Elbow -- I had never heard of this but John has. He was a super Tennis player in his high school days! -- He's also really good at Ping Pong (Table Tennis)! Go figure!

I've been called in for duty at my previous advertising job. The person I'm filling in for is taking a leave of absence so that her husband can donate a kidney to her mother-in-law. That's awesome and very scary at the same time. I'll be working there through July 6th and I'm already counting down the days! I love the world of advertising and truly enjoy the corporate culture; however, I also enjoy freedom + the ability to spend time with Ashley, John and/or just by myself. This luxury gets lost when you committ to a full-time job of 40 hours per week.

John is taking over some of the reins while I'm on this short adventure back into the real world. He's been working more and handling the employees a bit more. This is somewhat a relief as employees are hard to manage. Especially when all they want to do is get wasted and party! HELLO -- Peeps -- Life is not always a party! At any rate, he is better at this aspect than I am as I tend to get emotionally connected with these people and can be somewhat of a push over.

Life on the Jansky front couldn't be better! I turned 31 this month and this birthday year is already outpacing 30 in terms of goodness! -- Our family is involved in many activities together, including walking & bike riding around the neighborhood, eating at the dinner table together and playing fun games together. (Trouble, Jr. Monopoly, Wii) I don't think I could be any happier...okay..well maybe...just a smidge though! haha!

Can't wait for the rest of the summer! I plan on living it to the fullest with John and Ashley and having some fun along the way! After all....sometimes life should be a big A** party! -- HA!

No comments: