Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Dear Ashley

This is a letter I wrote to Ashley the night before she was born.
Dear Ashley:

It is 11:30 on the night before we are to go to the hospital to have you come into this world and become a part of our family. Your dad is very excited and has been calm for awhile now. I know though that when he wakes up, he will be as hyper as can be and really excited to see you finally come into our world. As for me, I am really scared. I am uncertain about many things and only want the best for you. It has been a long but exciting 10 months and with each day I have some how transformed into a mother along the way. Your dad & I have big hopes and dreams for you and only hope that we can be the best parents possible.

On our final day before becoming parents, we woke up and went to see doctor Trautmann so that he could give us the news on when we should arrive at the hospital. We then headed to Office Max because your dad loves the Burden Brothers and we were on a mission to complete a special project for him. We then went to HEB and your dad picked the longest line possible for the check out. I really think he just wanted to look through the magazine and Paris Hilton...a new star...that is over publicized.

We went home and took a nap. Your dad watched Days of Our Lives and we cooked a pizza. Mine fell on the floor and your dad traded me so that I wouldn't have to eat it. We then went out and had dinner at Outback Steahouse. Your dad's favorite restaurant. He had cheese fries and a steak and I had a sweet potato.

We watched the season finale of Average Joe and proceeded to clean the house to prepare for your arrival.

Ashley -- you are lucky to have the dad that you do. You will soon find out that he has a heart the size of Texas and the two of you will share a special and everlasting relationship. Of course we all know that you will be a rocker along side with your dad and be Daddy's Little Girl.

No comments: