blink and you'll miss it. stop and you'll cry. I've opened up this
new blog post to a blank white screen to share with you our. best.
summer.
ever. and I'm already in tears. If you asked me to describe what summer
should be like, this post is it. Grab a snack, kick back and get ready
to read as we rewind and take a look at our best summer ever.
I
was almost certain this would be a tough summer because our niece,
Kayla, was going to be gone for eight weeks. This doesn't seem like a
big deal except for the fact that Kayla practically lives at our house
during the summer. While we missed her dearly, we made the best of our
summer without her and when she returned -- had her makeup for
her time away from the Jansky house.
Just like every
year, our summer started off at full speed. Ashley attended overnight camp
and did very well. So well, that they cheered when she said she'd be
back next year. This was a huge milestone for us. It proved that
Ashley can do anything she puts her mind to.
While
Ashley was away at camp, John and I took a mini bustrip with friends and family to LauBerge. We had so much fun -- but we also missed our
little one. We also managed to get out and see an adult movie --
together!
As the summer carried on, we put Ashley in a
fitness boot camp to keep her active and to wear her out. If you know
our little one, running a marathon would only burn half the energy she
has. She also did gymnastics on the days she wasn't at the doctors
office or occupational therapy. At the end of May, we enrolled Ashley in Kumon and added reading tutoring with Ashley's Kindergarten
teacher. We were determined to keep her reading the entire summer. IT
WORKED!!
She attended Vacation Bible School and enjoyed seeing her classmates from school and singing all of the fun songs. Like last year, Ashley attended Rock
Lobster Festival and sold lemonade. She did so well, our
our employees asked to sell lemonade next year. She had to put most of it in savings and some she
saved for a trip she didn't even know she was taking.
In
July, we did the annual 4th of July parade, followed by fireworks and then went to
the circus with cooper, ashley's friend, and saw Monster's University
with her BFF, Kierstan. In between all this we squeezed in trips to the lake with the Williams family, Trips to Sea World, Fiesta Texas and Splash Town as well as a trip to Horsehoe Bay.
At
the end of July, we did the ultimate surprise announcement to Disney World just one hour before we were scheduled to leave. We then surprised her half way into the trip by picking up John at the airport. (More on this awesome vacation in a separate blog.)
In
August, we visited John's family and went on a little trip back to
Lauberge with Kayla and Ashley. We watched Fifth Harmony sing at La
Cantera, Celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary and took our annual
family photos!
I love SUMMER. I love it so much, I don't want it to end. We have the best summers and I know Ashley will remember all of these good times!! I know I do. Here's some other things I always want to remember about the summer of 2013.
What's hot?
- The cups song by Anna Kendrick
- Miss moving on by Fifth Harmony
- We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus
- 22 by Taylor Swift
- Frozen Yogurt from Orange Leaf, Menchies or Yogurt Zone.
- Big Brother
- Sam & Cat
- Spongebob
- Good Luck Charlie
- Full House
- Sketchers Bella Ballerina Shoes
What's
new? - Pickles. Peaches. Pink Lemonade. Grapes. Mushrooms. Asking to
speak to the manager at various restaurants around town. Not to
complain -- Just to say hello.
Movies: Smurfs 2, Monster's University, Grown Ups 2, Despicable Me 2, Turbo
October Club Create Prep- Sweet Little Stockings
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment