I had a smile, then let out a chuckle and then a thought: WOW! If you only knew! After that moment, I decided I would stick around for just a few minutes more! I contemplated talking with your coach to discuss the challenges we have but instead decided to hide so you would not see me. For a moment, I wanted to see you as others see you and feel what others feel when they meet you for the first time!
As Antonio continued to talk, you innocently captivated the entire audience once again. This time, it was because you were playing with the round rubber circle used to mark the line for your age group. And Antonio (still smiling), came over to you again. Of course, hiding in the back, I scooched to the front to see what was happening. I missed it and squatted next to a mom to find out the scoop. She leaned over and said, "this cute little girl was playing with the circle piece on the floor! She's so cute! Is she yours?" And eagerly so, I said YES!
So as I drove home, I pondered these short little moments and thought about how much GREAT moments like these mean to a family like us. For just these five minutes, you were able to CAPTIVATE and receive positive attention from those around you! The POWER of your smile, the CUTENESS of your demeanor, and the INNOCENCE in your voice make me want to remember you this way FOREVER!
You ARE powerful little miss ashley! You ARE great! You ARE captivating and AMAZING! And if you remember the feeling of these moments, the ones where you receive positive attention, you will soon see that making the right choices and doing things the right way, even though it is sometimes the harder or longer way can bring on even more great moments and feelings!
| Campers Running to their Spots! |
It's only Monday morning.....but I got a feeling -- this is gonna be your best camp yet! So go get'em and have fun! Be funny, be daring, be caring, and most of all be yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment