You may never guess what these words mean; however, I'm pretty sure you will guess who blurts this out two-to-three times a day: Ashley! The nine most random words, Girl Scout Cookies, Banana Smoothie, I love my mom - have the same meaning as raising the white flag, giving up, surrendering! They simply end the seconds upon seconds of tickling that happen each and every day in the jansky household! However, this surrender phrase only works when I am tickling Ashley! When John is in tickle mode, she has to remember to use their surrender phrase, which is Rumpelstiltskin.Tickling in our family was and is to this date one of my fondest childhood memories! I can still remember lying on the floor of my living room in our house on bowling brook, with my hands under my back and my legs stiff as a board just waiting for my dad to tickle me! Our goal was to stay as still as possible and contain or withhold our laugh for as long as we could stand it. My dad would do a claw-like movement with his hand and a "wah, wah, wah, wah" with his voice. My brothers and sister called it, "the claw." We'd laugh for hours at each other and try to have the longest time without laughing when it was our turn! I don't ever remember getting past a couple of seconds.
With Ashley, we have also introduced "the claw" and she even loves the wah, wah, wah, wah sound! The surrender phrase changes often and gets funnier and funnier as time goes on! It's truly a time of unexplainable bursts of laughter and memories of good times and fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment