Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My little Bestfriend!

Last night after preparing Ashley's lunch, her outfit and bag for school, I woke her up to use the potty. After her trip to the potty, we turned the light on in the room and started a conversation. Although it was 2:30 in the morning, we laughed about her favorite cartoon, spongebob squarepants, talked about her day and giggled for more than 30 minutes about the important things in her life: toys, green dots, chocolate milk, rhyming words, baseball, friends & daddy. As our conversation faded and we turned out the lights and put our heads on our pillow, I couldn't help but smile as this conversation reminded me of the ones I used to have with my mom while I was in highschool. They were conversations I looked forward to and ones I often think about when reflecting on the past.

As Ashley grows older, I often worry that I will lose this special bond we have; however, last night after our conversation my worry was wiped away as I smiled with excitement knowing that this was the beginning and our relationship would only get stronger and better with time!

1 comment:

Jen said...

awww that is so sweet!! that is what i think i am going to miss about not having a girl, but i know that there will be other things that i will do with the boys. just the fact that ashley was that coherent at 2:30 in the morning cracks me up! austin is a zombie, and when we take him to the bathroom, it is like he is sleepwalking.