On Saturday morning, (8/9/08) Ashley and I decided to have a girl's day out in celebration of my niece's 7th birthday. We picked up Kayla at her house and together decided where to eat lunch and what we should do to celebrate her birthday.
The girls picked Luby's for lunch and then wanted to go to Club Libby Lu's to get their Libby Du's on! So I scheduled their appts. and we headed off to have our special day!
Once we arrived at Libby Lu's, we started our adventure! I decided to throw in the deluxe package as there was no way they could only pick one thing. So they walked around that place with smiles from ear to ear as they continued to fill their bags with trendy, girly stuff. After they picked their stuff, they got dressed as rocker girls and got ready for their rocker du's!
They got their nails painted, their eyes and lips dazzled and then decided they wanted their ears pierced. I chuckled at first and then blurted out, "your dad will be upset if I get your ears pierced." After 10 minutes of persistence from the two girls, I gave in and let them get their ears pierced! They loved it! Ashley's response to the entire process was "That was loud." She was refering to the gun they used to pierce the ears! I almost wondered if she even knew what just happened to her.
We finished up our experience at Libby Lu's and called John to give him the news. He was not happy. In fact, he hung up on me. He said, "She is too young to get her ears pierced." I called my mom to see if that was horrible of me and she said, "better you than me." haha!! THANKS MOM! And then I called my sister. She was actually shocked that Kayla let me do it!
It's been a few days now and John is slowly becoming okay with it. I think he was just a little sad that he wasn't there when it happened. Although, he mentioned that Ashley getting her ears pierced was a special bonding moment between Ashley and me and as we go through life there will be moments that will be shared only between Ashley and myself or Ashley and John and that's okay.
So it's official! Ashley has pierced ears and I really, really can't believe it! They are too cute!
October Club Create Prep- Sweet Little Stockings
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment