Friday, March 7, 2008

Pencil Sharpner + Big Bites

Recently, I showed Ashley how to sharpen pencils with a manual pencil sharpner. She did fairly well and I was quite proud of her ability to sharpen pencils. That is...until today when she came around the corner with a bloody finger. She decided to sharpen her finger and cut it really bad! What was even more shocking is that she barely even cried. -- That girl has a high tolerence for pain! Of course, I put the water-proof strawberry shortcake band-aid on before the bleeding actually stopped and so it took forever to get the blood soaked band-aid off of her to stop the bleeding. John laughed at me for being so goofy with how I handled the situation.
Did I mention she also has a double ear infection!

Also, while celebrating John's 33rd birthday at Carrabba's, Ashley started to choke on a big bite of Fettucini Alfredo. This time was no laughing matter (nor is any other time, but this was the worst we've encountered to date). Although it felt like a long time, it was really only seconds and her face was terrifying to watch. Thank god for instincts as my knee jerk reaction was to take my pointer finger and swipe it through her mouth to open up the area and wipe out the food while John patted her back. A large amount of food came out and was dripping all over my hand and her plate. What a scary moment. We got her a new plate and I washed my hands in the bathroom. After that it was all good!

No comments: